The Tousled Bun Tutorial - NYM at NYFW10.10.14
Happy Friday, lovelies! I'm excited to announce that I'm teaming up with Not Your Mother's again (remember that time I raved over them in this post?), to bring you quick and easy tutorials from some of my favorite NYM New York Fashion Week looks. Today we're showing you how to do the tousled low bun with no part, a look by NYM's lead hairstylist, Michele Carrillo for the ELLE Runway Collection by Kohl's show. I've always love the tousled bun look and was so happy to learn that this only takes 3 products and 6 simple steps!
Products used: Whip It Up Cream Styling Mousse, Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray (one of my favorite hair products ever!), and She's A Tease Volumizing Hairspray
1. Apply mousse for texture and volume and blow dry, directing hair back and smoothing hairline
2. Tease hair, leaving out entire hairline
3. Smooth tease, leaving some volume, into a low ponytail at the nape and secure with bungee
4. Tease ponytail for texture
5. Smooth pony and twist into bun - pin to secure
6. Smooth left out hair back and crisscross around bun
Thank you NYM for sharing your tousled bun secrets with us! Check back soon for yet another one of my favorite NYM looks from New York Fashion Week.
photos provided by NYM